Tasks• Monitor and ensure compliant design for all technical systems in scope of the project; analyse,
initiate and manage corrective measures to mitigate risks.
• Coordinate the design staff incl. contractors and partners; monitor and readily adjust the staffing
• Insure feasibility of the design with EMR Project Lead
• Initiate and chair technical meetings.
• Review and approve the regular reports (e.g. weekly, monthly) and forward to the CAPEX Project
Manager and Project Director.
• Review and approve revisions of technical changes.
• Implement design changes in consent with the team partners and the Project Management.
• Review and approve work completion and acceptance certificates in cooperation with CQV,
operations as well as contractors.
• Ensure the adherence of technical contracts and their specifications.
• Verify acceptance of the work and check acceptance records for each equipment delivery
• Verify and approve the Mechanical Completion of equipment under project scope.
• Verify and approve the final construction 'as-built' documentation.
• Perform active “Change Management” towards contractors in cooperation with the PM Team.
• Lead the Techincal Team and support a proper team spirit, cooperation and communication.
• Ensure that the Technical Team align their capacity to the project and are available throughout, as
• Inform the Technical Team in regular project meetings about the status, essential project events
and challenges, developments and lessons learned.
Qualifications• Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering/Science preferred.
• Minimum ten (10) years or more Engineering experience in Chemical / Pharmaceutical / Industrial
Engineering EPC projects.
• Advanced knowledge of Good Engineering and Good Manufacturing Practices. Worked within the
construction industry, with a clear preference for pharmaceutical industry experience.
• In-depth knowledge of Swiss and European engineering codes and standards.
• Several related engineering experience with EPCM companies overseeing manufacturing
• Excellent project management background with strong understanding of process design and
• Ability to liaise with process contractor and internal stakeholders
• Significant Capital Projects experience (50 – 100 Mio – Please indicate on CV)
• Experience taking project through entire lifecycle
• Fluent German and English
• Based in or near to Basel (only minor time in Homeoffice)